Crew Resource Management (For Canadian Commercial Operators)
Our CRM topic explores the effective use of all resources available to individual flight department roles to improve safety and efficiency. An emphasis is placed on case studies, communication, operational risk, and crew coordination. Threat and error management and human factors are also key components of this topic.
Delivery of the topic may be adjusted to meet specific requirements, e.g., it may be delivered as a “Standalone Initial Topic” per TC AC 700-042, which applies to Canadian commercial clients. Additional synchronous learning modules have been added to meet operator/trainee-specific requirements.
- Threat and error management;
- Situational awareness;
- Pressure and stress;
- Workload management;
- Decision making;
- Leadership and team building;
- Automation and technology management;
- “Surprise and Startle” effect and its mitigation strategies;
- Resilience development;
- Relevant case study template (TC AC 700-042 only);
- Current safety trends (TC AC 700-042 only); and
- Evacuation drills (TC AC 700-042 only).
For Canadian Commercial Operators Only